Waiver of Claim
By indicating your acceptance, you understand, agree, warrant and covenant as follows:
In consideration of the acceptance of this registration entry, I assume full and complete responsibility for any injury or accident, which may occur during my participation in this race or while on the premises of this event; and I hereby release and hold harmless the sponsors, promoters, and all other persons and entities associated with this event from any and all injury or damage, whether it be caused by negligence of the sponsors or promoters or other persons or entities associated with this event or their agents of employees or otherwise. I grant full permission to any and all of the foregoing to use my (and my child's) name, or photographs, videos and other recordings of participation in this event, without obligation or liability to me (and my child). I have read this agreement carefully, and understand it, and certify my agreement by my signature below.
ACTIVE REGISTRATION AGREEMENT AND LIABILITY WAIVER (the "Agreement and Waiver")
1. Authority to Register and/or to Act as Agent. You represent and warrant to Rogue Equipment LLC, ("Rogue") that you have full legal authority to complete this event registration on behalf of yourself and/or any party you are registering (the "Registered Parties"), including full authority to make use of the credit or debit card to which registration fees will be charged. As used in this Agreement and Waiver, Rogue refers to Rogue Equipment LLC, and any and all subsidiaries, affiliated entities, or entities that control or are controlled by Rogue singly or together and its officers, employees, contractors, subcontractors and agents.
If you are registering a child under the age of 18 or an incapacitated adult you represent and warrant that you are the parent or legal guardian of that party and have the legal authority to enter into this agreement on their behalf and by proceeding with this event registration, you agree that the terms of this Agreement and Waiver shall apply equally to all Registered Parties. By registering a child under 13, you agree and consent to the collection of that child's information which you provide for the purposes of registration.
2. Waiver. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENT IS POTENTIALLY HAZARDOUS, AND THAT A REGISTERED PARTY SHOULD NOT PARTICIPATE UNLESS THEY ARE MEDICALLY ABLE AND PROPERLY TRAINED. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT EVENTS MAY BE HELD OVER PUBLIC ROADS AND FACILITES OPEN TO THE PUBLIC DURING THE EVENT AND UPON WHICH HAZARDS ARE TO BE EXPECTED. PARTICIPATION CARRIES WITH IT CERTAIN INHERENT RISKS THAT CANNOT BE ELIMINATED COMPLETELY RANGING FROM MINOR INJURIES TO CATASTROPHIC INJURIES INCLUDING DEATH. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT IN CONSIDERATION OF BEING PERMITTED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE EVENT, YOU AND ANY REGISTERED PARTY, THE HEIRS, PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES OR ASSIGNS OF YOU OR THE REGISTERED PARTY DO HEREBY RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE AND CONVENANT NOT TO SUE ACTIVE FOR ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS ARISING FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENT BY YOU OR ANY REGISTERED PARTY.
3. Limitation of Liability; Disclaimer of Warranties. ROGUE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, RESULTING FROM (A) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE ACTIVE OR (B) FOR THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES OR (C) RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH ACTIVE OR (D) RESULTING FROM UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE, EVEN IF ROGUE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF ROGUE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. ROGUE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. ROGUE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
Rogue makes no warranty that the Rogue sites' services will be uninterrupted, secure or error free. Rogue does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information in, or provided in connection with, the Rogue sites. Rogue is not responsible for any errors or omissions, or for the results obtained from the use of such information. You understand and agree that any material and/or data downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the Rogue sites is at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your own computer system or loss of data that results from the download of such material and/or data.
4. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold each of Rogue harmless from and against any and all damages, costs, claims or demands, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising from or relating to your use of Rogue or the violation of any term of this Agreement and Waiver as well as the Terms of Service located by you.
6. Severability. You further expressly agree that this Agreement and Waiver is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the law of the State of Texas and that if any provision of this Agreement and Waiver shall be found to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Agreement and Waiver and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
BY INDICATING YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THIS AGREEEMENT AND WAIVER, YOU ARE AFFIRMING THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS AGREEMENT AND WAIVER AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE GIVING UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ARE SIGNING THE AGREEMENT AND WAIVER FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY, AND INTEND BY YOUR ACCEPTANCE TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW.